Style & Beauty | 5 Affordable Ways To Look Great Without Makeup
November 30, 2014 | | By Trish Lewis
Makeup should be the icing not the cake.
We all love a "beat face" or great makeup application. We've all seen those extreme before and after pictures of the young ladies' who went though a makeup transformation and the results look like two different people. Unfortunately at the end of the day when the makeup comes off, she might be left with the gaping hole of insecurity.
What's under the makeup is more important than the application of it. Makeup is fun, but it shouldn't be obligatory! It is made to enhance not recreate or transform. (Unless of course you're into theater arts and theatrical makeup for a production) The best way to love the skin you're in is to take care of it, inside and out.
If you want to go bare faced comfortably or can't wear makeup, here are some tips and tricks for a flawless skin and overall look.
1. Sleep- a well rested body and mind will lead to a fresh face and less bags or dark circles under the eye. If you have trouble sleeping try natural remedies like chamomile tea, reading or meditation. For severe cases of insomnia consult your doctor.
2. Eat your way to healthy skin- Although cliché, you are what you eat is a phrase that holds truth. Everything you eat, good or bad will show on your skin and hair. Flawless skin has been traced back to fruits and veggies; Particularly greens. Drink plenty of water and stay away from greasy and over processed foods. If possible, try juicing (or eating) your daily recommended serving size of greens such as kale, spinach, green apples and cucumbers. The benefits are endless and skin will beam with a flawless glow.
3. Full lashes and brows- a full brow and lashes can effortlessly enhance your overall look. To achieve this here a trick: with an empty, well clean old nail polish bottle. Pour in organic vitamin E oil and Jamaican castor oil in the bottle. As a nightly routine, apply and gently massage the mixture on your brows and lash line. The castor oil and vitamin E oil will make the hairs thicker and fuller over time.
4. Bentonite Clay- One of the reasons to use bentonite clay is because it has an amazing ability to make your skin soft and smooth. Bentonite clay also increases circulation wherever it is applied. The Silica in the clay is a mineral that boosts collagen production, thereby giving you baby soft skin.
5. Lips- With the brutal winter approaching, your lips need a bit more TLC. A quick solution? Make a sugar scrub. Add a few drops of Olive oil to a spoon of sugar and apply to lips. Rub lips together for a few minutes and rinse. Follow with you favorite lip balm.
Some other products that have proven to be effective is the Peter Thomas Roth skin care collection. Although a bit pricey, it's been nothing but rave reviews and product recommendation.
A more cost effective solution is baking soda and lemon juice mask. The concept is simple; the lemon juice dries out the pimples and the acid in it bleaches out redness, as well as destroys blackheads.
What's your favorite beauty secret?